Friday, February 22, 2008

We had the Elders to dinner on Sunday. We try to do that when the Pres is not here. I just fixed Lasagna, French bread, broccoli and fresh pineapple (2), brownies and ice cream. There was not one crumb left. One of the Elder's Mother had sent him a cookie mix for his birthday. He had come over and mixed and baked them too. So there was a lot of food. I hope that Terry gets to have dinner with the couple missionaries at least one time. We love having them here. They are so good to us. Last night they had made a drink like Orange Julius and they came over and gave us some. They asked the other night though if I always cook our dinner everyday and Dad said, "She sure does." They said well we are willing any time to clean up any of the leftovers.

We have spent most of the week in the office. Dad has been trying to put together a time line from the beginning of the things that have taken place with the Family Enrichment Program for Elder Subandriyo. He has had me digging in my journal for dates of when we went to see this person and where etc. It is a good thing I a record of it. Elder Subandriyo also wants us to put together a scrapbook from about 2002 through now of all the projects that have been done by LDSC with pictures and a little description of each project. That is a lot of work. So I guess I know what I can do with my time in the office.

Elder Subandriyo and Dad had a couple of meetings this week. One with the Social Affairs office with a gal named Susi. She is the director of Women Empowerment. She is going to be on the steering committee for the Seminar. At the last minute Elder Subandriyo couldn't go so I went with him. The next day they had one with Alwi Shihab. I would like to meet him, but they didn't take me this time. He is going to help with the seminar. He thinks it is going to be great.

We took the sister missionaries to Burger King for lunch. You would have thought we had taken them to an expensive restaurant. They were so excited. There is a new sister that came in last week. She is from Calif. I also made cookies and we went to Berkasi to inspect the apt of the Elders there. They have 1 English elder and 3Indonesian elders living there. They live in a terrible place. I feel so sorry for them. The roof leaks every time it rains which is almost every day and they have water coming in the kitchen from another source, which is probably sewer water that they have to scoop out of the kitchen every day. I hate to go there because it is so awful, but it builds their spirit to have us come and bring them cookies.

Elder Garn who is a member of the seventies and is in the Area Pres from Hong Kong is here. He has meeting with all of the Dist Pres. Elder Garn and his wife were both born in Tremonton and graduated with Dad. So Dad is anxious to meet him. They will be in meetings all day today.

Tomorrow we have church, but during that we have to go to a golf tournament for a wheel chair ceremony for the Social Affairs Dept. I know it is Sunday, but they don't know that. So we have to do it. We will not be participating by golfing however. That would be funny. It is a big National tournament I guess. We got a formal invitation but of course we can't read it. We just go when we are told and hope we are right.

No comments: