Friday, March 14, 2008

We have had a busy week. The time goes fast when it is busy, but it seems like we have had two weeks in one because we have had to do so much. The Baldwins who are the missionary couple that we report from Hong Kong came in last Saturday. We went to church up in Bogor where he met with the Branch Pres. We met with Brother and Sister Kane

They spent Monday with us and went through things in our office and asked lots of questions. We spent all day with them until 8 pm. We had to be in Bogor at 8 am so it was an early morning. We visited the toilet project on the way. Then we went up into the mountains to a water project which is two miles away. All of the men hiked up into the mountain to see the head of the spring. Sister Baldwin did not have hiking shoes so the women stayed back, but we went into the village which was a good mile up into there. We had fun visiting some of the village people. I forgot my candy and the kids were very scared of us. Dad slipped off the trail and fell into a rice field. He was all muddy when he came back.

We left early again the next day and went to Chimpanek where there is another toilet project planned to begin really soon. Then we went to the Safari. We all had a good time there. The Kanes met us there. The Baldwins really enjoyed the time there and there was so much more to see and they would have liked to spend more time, but we had so much planned. We had to leave to go see a pathway that LDSC is putting together for some school children. It was a long hike and it had been raining so the pathway was really slick. I was really uncomfortable and was glad when we were all back safe. We went to see another project. We had to hurry home because Elder Baldwin had a meeting scheduled with a district president here in Jakarta at 6:30. I had asked it I needed to be to the meeting and he said no, but Elder Walker has to be there. When we pulled into the driveway Elder and Sister Davis were standing there and the said they were going to Amigo's and asked us to come along. I decided to go with them and left them all standing there in the driveway.
I got very brave this time!
A very pregnant chimp

We met Pres and Sister Marchant, Elder and Sister Taylor and Pier and the restaurant. Sister Marchant and I were sitting together and the server went to put fruit drink on the table and I don't know what happened, but he poured it on both of us. We were all laughing and we told him it was Ok. The owner came over and her apologized and felt so bad. He didn't realize that he had spilled it on me too, which I was glad because they went and brought a blouse for Sister Marchant, which she flatly refused to take, and I was glad I didn't have to deal with that. I told the owner that it was just an accident and to not worry about it. He said, I saw you up in Bandung and I remember your badge and I know that you are good people. We have eaten at Amigos in Bandung. They gave us all chips and salsa, which they charge extra for here and also big fruit plates for dessert. So it was great, but I hope the server didn't lose his job.

The next day we flew to Solo to see another water project. The men again climbed up into the mountain. After we went and saw the area where they had the floods in Dec. These people don't have anything and now they really don't have anything. It really makes me sad, but yet they are so happy. They just take life in their stride and they go on. We flew back and the flight last one hour, but it took us over one and half hours to get back to Senopati.

No comments: